Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Re: Oct. 31st: Happy Belated Birthday, Jennifer & Uncle Ralph!

Jennifer, I never forgot it was your birthday on the 31st---I thought of you often, but the day was so packed I didn't get around to wishing you a wonderful, blessed day! (It was also my uncle's 80th birthday.) Happy Birthday to both of you! =)

By the way, All went well with the package on Saturday. The dresses, bonnets, & aprons were a big hit at "Little House on the Prairie" and at trick-or-treating later.... Still not sure how we started finally doing the trick-or-treating thing....I believe it started after we moved to this neighborhood, and it just seemed like the good, relationship-building side of things. At least, that's the way it turns out. Still don't agree with doing witches, goblins, vampires, etc. but we are able to still avoid all that and enjoy our neighbors. I believe we will forever keep October 31st as a Family Day!

Regarding "Little House" (http://littlehousethemusical.com/): I don't want to spoil it for those who are headed to see it soon, so I'll "simply" say that we loved it. It was a simple time, in a wheat-filled (or not) prairie, with simple people, who had simple things---yet they were rich in love---therefore the sets are seemingly simplistic. They are not lavish or flashy, and we felt that was appropriate. Yet, how they USED those sets was at times amazingly creative! How someone figured out a way to convey galloping & racing horses...with NO horses...is pretty awesome. The play relied a lot on your imagination, and the strength of the people (at least, the actors), creating an "authentic" feel that I truly appreciated. I think Laura Wilder would be proud.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Kaye! I hope your uncle had as wonderful of a day as I did on Saturday. :)

    We are going to see the musical on Thursday with a group of folks here. Can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete